Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Research Woes

After days and days of random Google searching and amassing a staggering number of bookmarks, I finally began contacting people. So far today I have emailed seven different people/institutions about research opportunities for my Independent Study Project. I've contacted people from half the states/territories in the country about a ridiculous array of animals (penguins, koalas, seals, dolphins, flying foxes, kangaroos, bower birds, dugongs, birds in general). All I want is for one that is fun, something I can turn into a 50 page paper in a month, and is somewhere remotely near someone I know to say yes. Is this asking too much? At this point I am just hoping that they don't all reject me straight off. Wish me luck!

In the meantime I am going to enjoy one of the many perks of being in Australia: British TV! Words cannot express my love for Stephen Fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment