Friday, April 2, 2010

Brief Update From the Edge of the World

Since the previous post was written things have gotten better. I actually really enjoyed wandering around town by myself the first day. I met some people at the hostel and the people I'm going to be working with and they all seem very nice. One of the couples I met are going out of town for the next two months and offered me their house to live in while I'm here, for cheaper than the hostel so I think I'm going to do that (I was worried about being lonely, but I think it will be good. They should be calling to confirm sometime soon and I will say yes! Yay!).

I've been a little more homesick just because I don't have anyone here, but I think this will be a good experience, overall. I need to focus on my work a little more but I also found a whole bunch of touristy things to do in this area that I might have money for with the money I'm saving on where I live! Plus I might start taking yoga or surf lessons or something like that. I will find ways to talk to people. I will find out what it's like to be alone, which is an entirely new phenomenon to me (even when I went off to college I started out knowing at least a couple of people). Plus, it's only for five weeks. I'm feeling very optimistic at the moment.

I really need to be doing work, though. Love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment