Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The End of a Very Very Short Era

I will update about Uluru soon, I promise, but this is important. Today was my last day in Australia. I'm going home tomorrow. It was raining at first but it turned out to be a beautiful day. Sydney is beautiful. I went to the Australian Museum and to Bondi and I just wandered around a bit. I got to see a couple of marsupials, some lorikeets, lots of cockatoos, and lots of flying foxes so I could say goodbye to them. I'm really really really going to miss this country. I love it a lot. There's so much I didn't get to do here. Four months seemed like forever at the beginning but now it doesn't feel like long enough. I really hope someday I can come back.

Tomorrow I have something like 24 hours of travel and then I'll be home. I can't really wrap my head around that yet. It will be wonderful to see everyone, I'm sure, and it's not that I'm sad to go back there, I'm just sad to leave here.

No comments:

Post a Comment